Friday, September 24, 2010

Still Unspoken

That was it...27 years and only three days...

seventy two hours...

Four thousand three hundred twenty minutes...


Two hundred fifty nine thousand two hundred seconds...

Otherwise known as not nearly enough time and he's on his jet plane home...

The sound of his laugh...the wide crooked break of his smile...teeth white and white and gleaming...wrinkles attesting to a lifetime of laughter and tears and self loathing and self realization...

His forehead higher...hairs shorter...whiskers all but gone...

The hands in pockets stance...unable to sit because lack of movement makes him crazy...

Such a short span of time to efficiently memorize all the things I should have always known...

They are mine now...two hundred sixty thousand moments added to my heart...

And the hardest goodbye I've ever said...

AND STILL I DIDN'T SAY IT ALL...I didn't say enough...I cannot find the voice fore everything beating in my chest when the moment is before me...

My mind goes blank, though my heart aches...so full of so much...

And this day of all days?  Silence is my enemy...

1 comment:

  1. My heart jumps and breaks for happiness for you. To see the day that such a photo could be taken is a wonderous thing.

    ReplyDelete